How to use the Minecraft server properly?
In addition to simplifying its use and allowing you to access more advanced features than the basic one, installing plugins on your Minecraft server gives you the possibility to proceed to a better administration, but also to ensure its security.
Installing plugins on Minecraft
The first step to installing plugins on your server is to log in to your account:
- first, log in to access the server interface: to do this, you need to access the control panel.
- then, after the connection, set up the installation of a jar server: you have the choice between Spigot, Cratfbukkit or other tools that you will judge more useful.
- For the next step, click on the tab named Plug-ins: after this step, you will just have to search for the plugins you want to install on your server and proceed to their installation.
This is a very simple step, you will only have to click on the "install" button once you have finished the search. However, it happens that the installation of some plugins is conditional on the presence of other plugins. You are looking for detailed information, check this out.
Plugins to choose for your Minecraft server
Updating your Minecraft server by installing plugins also means knowing how to choose the right type of plugins for your server. As in any field, there are a lot of plugins.
But while they are all called that, each type is different because of its unique characteristics. Below is a comprehensive list of some of the plugin types:
- Essentials: important for the proper functioning of your server, it allows access to several other commands.
- Vault: the fact that it provides a framework for the other plugins to work makes it a very important element.
- ProtocolLib : if for some it is useless, for others its importance is not in doubt. However, it is the foundation of several other plugins and allows quick access to certain features.
- WordGuard: its protection role is no longer in question.
- Quidboard: useful for creating dashboards and managing placeholders.